Finance and Administration Manager
Tetra Tech DPK seeks a Finance and Administration Manager to support the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Jamaica Community Empowerment and Transformation – Phase II (COMET II) project. The project is designed to strengthen community and civil society organizations, increase citizen cooperation and accountability, strengthen juvenile justice and youth at-risk programs, and further support community based policing practices. The project will also support improvements in the adaptive capacity of communities to prepare for the impacts of extreme weather events and to address global climate change adaptation issues.
The Finance and Administration Manager will undertake work in Kingston, Jamaica in support of COMET II. The Finance and Administration Manager will report to the COMET II Chief of Party (COP) and shall be responsible for the following:
- Serve as a member of COMET II’s management team in strategic planning, project and time management, and monitoring performance; specifically, communicating and advising on current financial and administrative matters including the Project Operating Budget;
- Maintain proper accounting policies and procedures; financial and operational systems and procedures;
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted accounting policies and procedures, as well as in compliance with any requirements agreed upon between USAID and Tetra Tech DPK;
- Maintain the Project’s Operating Budget including entering actual costs from monthly invoices and updating projections weekly in accordance with the work plan, office needs and planned technical activities;
- Compile and analyze financial information, to prepare statements, ledgers and reports on a monthly and annual basis;
- Develop and maintain financial databases both technologically and manually;
- Supervise other members of the Finance and Administration team;
- Supervise and conduct internal audits and facilitate external audits;
- Manage procurement processes in compliance with Tetra Tech DPK and USAID regulations
- Manage the HR process for local staff and consultants including recruitment, negotiations, onboarding, performance management, employee satisfaction, conflict resolution and status changes in accordance with local labor law and Tetra Tech DPK and USAID regulations;
- Maintain regular communication and coordinate with COMET II and Tetra Tech DPK home office staff in fulfillment of responsibilities
The successful candidate must have:
- Post graduate Accounting and/or Finance Degree, MBA and/or equivalent certifications
- Knowledgeable of relevant laws and principles of financial administration
- Sound knowledge of administrative practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in financial, budgeting and risk management
- Experience in financial data reporting and analysis, as well as in the drafting of contracts
- Ability to work independently with a high level of trust and integrity
The salary range for this position is JMD 2,434,392 – 5,280,059 annually, plus benefits.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by Saturday, October 15th at 5:00 pm Jamaica Time to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position title in the subject line. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Whereas COMET II appreciates all applications, we will however only be able to contact shortlisted applicants. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech DPK is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech DPK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.